Wednesday, March 10, 2010

W3, pt 2: Flikr's colr pickr

I can’t believe just how beautiful things of the same shade can be. Flikr’s Colr Pickr (yes, the spelling of Flikr’s aps are driving my internal dictionary insane, BTW) is oodles of fun. Who would’ve thunk to create such a cool tool? Or maybe I'm just intrigued to see how many images are out there in the strangest shades of green or yellow or purple. Quite a few, and they're oh so stunning... in mauve, emerald, azure, olive, cocoa, violet, mustard.. Hmmm, speaking of mustard, which momentarily spins me off to foodland, I've just picked up dinner in a box from ReVive on Lorne. Initially, I chose the caesar, curried potato salad and slaw. But right in the last nanosecond, I said to ditch the slaw and give me the Mediterranean quinoa with cauliflower instead. A wonderful combo cuisine-wise, I'm sure, but colour-wise, oh, the mustard of the curried potato screamed out at me when the container was handed to me. And I thought, the three stripes of colour within the plastic box would've been prettier with the mustard of curry, beige of quinoa and purple of slaw, but ditching the slaw completely ruined the colour arrangement, and in fact, ruined my appetite a little. See how important colours can be for a person's Zen?

No comments:

Post a Comment