Thursday, March 25, 2010

W7: Wiki woohoo

Well, aren't wikis fun? I've even taken the liberty of tidying up the T&D wiki homepage on the Zone for us! It's a way for me to get started on wiki-ing myself into the online world.

Actually, I've recently had the chance to do quite a bit of work for the Chinese Digital Community, which happens to be a wiki and one of Auckland City Libraries' sister site. We held a successful competition for Chinese New Year last month and the page views were off the charts (Unique visitors increased by 700%, and page views went up 900% during the month compared to the monthly average). Yes, it's very collaborative and a great way for the community to share information: stories, articles, research, images, video, audio.

So I've added my blog to the fave blogs page, and some movies to the fave movies page. It's fun, but I sure don't like the messy look of an amateur wiki site. Doesn't work for me!

Which reminds me, I should see if there's anything to update or tidy up for ACL on Wikipedia!

1 comment: