Friday, March 26, 2010

W9 pt deux: Podcasting

My other half if a Mac snob, so I was introduced to his podcasts via iTunes years ago. Very cool. Even now that I'm a PC netbook user, I've stuck to getting podcasts from iTunes - it's such an awesome access system/channel. I listen to a French station -  'Classique and Jazz' - which is just so fab - jazz for free!

Anyway, I checked out a the following directories:

PodcastDirectory:
As I wrote the recommendations for podcasting and multimedia recently for the ACL web content review, I thought I found a rough diamond in this screencast. It talks about how to do podcast book reviews: http://www.podcastdirectory.com/podshows/4672360 - how great is this!?

Podiobookshttp://www.podiobooks.com/title/letter-from-china - fantastic quality for a first choice audio book I found on the web in seconds. It's an insight into China, a country I know so little about, but is a vast and growing nation, with scary consequences e.g. slave labour, people having no access to Facebook (aren't I lucky?), and widespread poverty plus animal abuse. Nuts! Fascinating. Saddening. Even tho the narrator sounds a little robotic, his narration is still clear and easy to listen and follow. So many Chinese immigrants in NZ have a hard life.

Podcastalley.com seems to want me to dl software before I can subscribe, which I'm loathe to do as I already have iTunes. No thanks this time round.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a good idea...maybe you could investigate more on this

    ReplyDelete