Monday, March 15, 2010

W5: LibraryThing & Rollyo

LibraryThing is a GREAT community for book lovers. It's quite easy to register and use, but the site tried several times to verify my account.

If you're an Aucklander who uses Auckland City Libraries' online catalogue on a regular basis, then the site's 'My Discoveries' feature might be handier to use than LT. MD lets you save book lists, rate books, write short book reviews; you wouldn't have to access two sites for virtually the same purpose. But LT seems to have other bonuses and features, e.g. interesting blogs and news from the book world that ACL does not cover.

Search LT for a book:


Oh, no! Rollyo

I was so very, very excited when going through the types of Rollyos. One said: Free photos! I thought - this could make my job a lot easier, you know. I struggle to find images (that aren't protected by copyright) for the web all the time. Unfortunately, with Rollyo down, I'll have to revisit some time in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Yes, it's been a shame rollyo is down. I will give you the credit, but you might want to take a look at it at a later date anyway...

    ReplyDelete