Friday, March 26, 2010

W8: Online docs & winning sites

Before I got my job @ ACL, I was working for a small web co in Onehunga. This co went all progressive and decided that Google aps and docs were the way to go. He wanted full collaboration. In fact, we set up docs that we were editing simultaneously in real time! Wow, I thought to myself: "Imagine writing a screenplay this way!" You'd complete it in no time!" So here's the link to my Google doc: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AT5xhAjP5yMMZGZkYjZwdGRfMG43ZjR2Mg&hl=en I set up just for the web 2 requirement.

I love Zoho too, but couldn't figure out how to link to a Zoho doc from this post.

OK, so I initially picked the winner for the SEOmoz 08 winner in the food category, and, hmm, the site didn't grab me in 2 seconds, so I moved on, and stumbled across One Sentence: http://www.onesentence.org/, the honourable mention in the Fun Stuff category. Well, I got onto the site, which is about true stories told in one sentence, and I found myself riveted. I love the ratings system, how the ups and downs balance things out. I really liked this one-sentence story:


true love
After 10 years of counseling, a full time career, and the support of 4 children, my dad still cries every night at the loss of Mom.
oh, and this one:

myfairmaybe

When he told his four-year-old daughter that the doctor just needed to look at her eyes to make sure they were okay, she whispered, "Will he put them back in when he's done looking at them?"

I don't know about you, but this is probably the first time i've stumbled across a site that had a sentence that could make me cry.

Like I said, the rating system is so groovy I'd like to plant that on the ACL site somewhere!

1 comment: